IAD took part in the symposium “United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis”
Dr Harsha vardhan, Health Minister Government of India interacting with Dr Narahari at the “Lymphedema information stall” put up by Institute of Applied Dermatology during the Symposium on“United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis” on 30-10-2019 organized by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Government of India in Delhi.
Dr S R Narahari, Director Institute of Applied Dermatology also participated in the Panel Discussion themed “Increasing access and quality of Morbidity Management and Disability Prevention (MMDP) services”
Scientists from the Center for Medical Genetics visited IAD On 26/10/2019
Scientists from the Center for Medical Genetics, Ghent University, Belgium and Nitte University, Mangalore visited Institute of Applied dermatology on 26-10-2019. They were here to learn about the Integrative treatment protocol of Lymphedema.
Prof Callewaert Bert and Prof. Coucke Paul listening to the protocol learning material with Dr SR Narahari on Filariasis Integrated treatment.
BMGF visits IAD
Dr. Bhupendra Tripati and Dr. Kayla Laseron from Bill and Melinda Gates foundation (BMGF) visited Institute of Applied Dermatology on 5.9.2019 Dr. G K Swamy, Director National Research Institute for Panchakarma Cheruthuruthi along with Dr Shankar Pratap also attended this event.
Field visits for lymphedema/Lymphatic Filariasis patients was conducted.
Dr. Roopa Kamath, Mr Prajul and Mr Vivekananda from team IAD accompanied during field visits.
Independence day celebration at IAD
Institute of Applied Dermatology celebrated India’s 73rd Independence day.
Mr Kamalakar Shantharam Dere ,Rtd Military Professional, Maharashtra Regimen was present as the chief guest and hoisted our national flag.
All patients and staffs of IAD were present, and paid their respect towards the nation.
Sunshine amidst clouds
“Sometimes it takes only one act of Kindness and caring to change a person’s life”-This quote holds good to Philanthropist Mrs Sudha Janardhan
Mrs Sudha Janaradhan wife of late CA Sadhu Janardhan has been felicitated by MCA Secretary shri Injethi Srinivas during ICAIS platinum jubilee CA day celebrations for her Philanthropic legacy
Mrs Sudha Janardhan has been a regular donor for IAD’s poor patients. Her donations supported many patients suffering from neglected tropical disease Lymphatic Filariasis and other chronic dermatological conditions with treatment and carry home medications. Due to her kindness we have not sent any patients without treatment from IAD.IAD salutes the spirit of Mrs Sudha Janardhan on behalf all patients.
Dr Sundhar visited Institute of Applied dermatology on 26/7/2019.
Dr Sundhar, Consultant and advisor Health sector, Dr Sushena Reza Paul-Technical advisor, World Health Organisation (WHO), Ms Sarah Nabia, Advocacy officer at Ashodaya samithi Mysore along with Mr Vasuki senior journalist, Bangalore visited Institute of Applied dermatology on 26/7/2019.
They interacted with the Lymphedema patients from different states taking the treatment at IAD and examined the integrative treatment protocol for Lymphedema practiced at IAD. Speaking to the Team IAD they expressed their applause for “Never fear Filariasis and Lymphedema we care for you” initiative of IAD and extended their support for the Institute’s future endeavours.
Dr Roopa lectures in National Ayurveda Panchakarma Centre
Dr Roopa presented” Integrative treatment protocol for the management of Lymphedema” at Institute seminar-Sameeksha. Director G K Swamy along with Ayurveda research officers and other faculty of National Ayurveda Panchakarma centre were present.
Ayurveda physicians taking training on Panchakarma, along with students taking course as therapists for Panchakarma also attended the presentation.
This presentation was followed with active questionnaire session.
She was in Cheruthurthy to receive training on CCRAS online prakriti analysis
IAD to host the 10th colloquium
Director general Prof Vd K.S.Dhiman CCRAS visited IAD
1)Prof Vd K.S.Dhiman Director General, The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) visited Institute of Applied Dermatology on May 17th and May 18th 2019.
He was impressed by the Integrative treatment protocol practiced by IAD for Lymphoedema and other chronic dermatoses. Dr Dhiman inaugurated IAD s promotional video on “Never fear filariasis and Lymphoedema we care for you” and later addressed the gathering. He also interacted with Lymphatic filariasis patients taking treatment at IAD.
Prof Vd K.S.Dhiman Director General, (CCRAS) inaugurated IAD s “Never fear filariasis and Lymphoedema we care for you” video clip
2) Prof Vd K.S.Dhiman Director General, (CCRAS) inaugurated IAD s promotional video on “Never fear filariasis and Lymphoedema we care for you” on 18-5-2019 at IAD.
This is a promotional video to generate awareness that treatment options are available for Lymphoedema.
Special interest group on NTD
Institute of Applied Dermatology (represented by Dr Narahari) is now a part of special interest group on neglected tropical diseases (SIG-NTD) constituted by Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists. This group works under IADVL ACADEMY the highest research body of national dermatology association, New Delhi. SIGNTD has responsibility to organize regular updates like symposia, seminars, and workshops on the subspecialty. It has plans to publish position papers monographs and books.
More information is available on //www.iadvl.org/
Sir William Osler was Regius Professor of Medicine at Oxford 1905-19. Osler demonstrated two cultures, humanity,and science in his practice according to the conventions of his time. As to humanity, his friendliness was therapeutic and for science his accurate observations of symptoms in the alive,and signs in both the alive and dead were more numerous. well described and analysed than ever before.
Born and educated in Montreal, Osler was the first Physician at Johns Hopkins Baltimore and wrote The Principles and Practice of Medicine. This was the foremost textbook of medicine for the first 40 years of the 20th century and brought modern medicine to all the physicians of the World.
The Osler McGovern centre at 13NorhamGardens Oxford, where the Oslers lived, will celebrate the centenary of his death in December 1919, during the Academic year 2019-20. The celebration will include six seminars on the theme For Health and Wellbeing Science and Humanity are one.
Seminars/workshops to celebrate the Osler Centenary.
1. Education for a more Caring World: This is hosted by Green Templeton College in a partnership with ACTasia.(www.ACTasia.org) It concerns the teaching of children in Asian Primary Schools to care for animals ,the environment and the frail human being.1-3rd October2019
2. Adding Science to Traditional Medicine: a tale of the foundation of the Global Initiatives forTraditional Systems (GIFTS) of Health: Its partnership with the Department of Dermatology (Oxford International Foundation for Wound Healing) and its link with Green College led to the support of Traditional Health practitioners from Vietnam and China with studies of herbal healing agents for wound and burns which resulted in leadership in the field of Global Stem Cell research while retaining an attitude of care in practice.. The role of the Community Health Worker’s contribution to Biomedicine,Traditional and Alternative Medicine (Especially in making contact with the isolated ,rejected and lonely disabled patient)will be discussed in terms of For Health and Well being Science and Humanity are one. 8th November 2019
3. The swollen leg, podoconiosis , lymphatic filariasis and of the frail elderly: Speakers from World class centres on Lymphatic Filariasis in India (Dr Narahari of Institute of Applied Dermatology) and from a major study of Podoconiosis(The Shoeless in irritant soil) in Ethiopia will show how what has been learned there can be applied to the frail elderly in the UK for whom Leg swelling is becoming a problem of epidemic proportions. The practices described are best examples of the blend of science and humanity. 14th November 2019
4. Revising the Geneva Convention and the Hippocratic Oath. This is led by the Ethicist and President of the BMA Raanan Gillon and is hosted at 13Norham Gardens by the London Osler Club. It concerns discussions in Geneva and elsewhere revising definitions of Health and well-being and seeking to add fairness in the distribution of resources and in the provision of other aspects of Justice. November 28th2019
5) Leprosy the prototype of disability and the link between Science and Humanity. Its Oxford research history in its Cochrane Annex funded by the Nuffield Foundation and by LEPRA over a 20 year period. It helped to give rise to an elimination campaign by WHO which sadly was discontinued too early. 13 Norham Gardens houses the Archive of the WHO and International Leprosy Association www.leprosyglobalhistory.org. There are contemporary revised needs especially in India and Brazil for Health and wellbeing (of those especially children currently presenting as new cases) and the need for both science and humanity as one.). With Leprosy Mission, Early December2019
New chairman for the Ethics committee
Dr. Pradeep Kumar, Ayurvedic Physician at Vaidyar’s Ayurveda Puttur has been chosen as Chairman of Independent Ethics committee at Institute of Applied Dermatology. He was formerly the member secretary of the Independent Ethics committee.
Dr. Narendra Mehrotra one of Institute of Applied Dermatology Advisory committee member visited IAD on 21/6/2019.
Dr. Narendra Mehrotra is an Executive Council member of Mission Samriddhi with a strong focus on sustainable community development through Agriculture and Health.
Dr Mehrotra observed the integrative treatment protocol for Lymphoedema and he also interacted with patients. He also watched few presentation on Data analysis of Lymphoedema treatment protocol. He addressed the gathering and spoke about the noble work IAD is doing for chronic dermatoses patients. He also requested to help in the propagation of “Never fear Filariasis or Lymphoedema we care for you” movement, iniated by IAD.
Colloquium 2019 @IAD
Prof MS Bhagel, Former Director, Institute of Post-Graduation Training and Research in Ayurveda Jaipur, lighting the lamp as part of the inauguration of the colloquium. Mr. N A Nellikunnu, MLA, Kasaragod, Prof Terence J Ryan, Dr AC Padmanabhan, Dr SR Narahari, Dr KS Prasanna are also seen.
Prof M S Baghel (Former Director, Institute of Post Graduate training & Research in Ayurveda, Jamnagar, Jaipur) ) speaking in the inauguration session of the colloquium.
Prof. Peter Mortimer (Professor of dermatology Medicine, St. George’s University of London) delivering the keynote address in the inauguration session of the colloquium.
Mr. N A Nellikunnu, MLA, honoring eminent Dr. A C Padmanabhan. Paediatrician, Padma Polyclinic, Kanjangad, Kasaragod. Prof Terence J Ryan , Prof M.S. Baghel and Dr. S.R. Narahari are also seen.
Patients walking as part of ‘Never fear filariasis: We care for you’ slogan launch.
Padma Shri Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha, Secretary to the Govt. of India, Ministry of AYUSH, lighting the lamp at the slogan launch ceremony. Prof. M. S. Baghel, Dr. S R Narahari, Dr. K S Prasanna are also seen.
Padma Shri Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha, Secretary to the Govt. of India, Ministry of AYUSH, Prof M S Baghel, Former Director, Institute of Post-Graduation Training and Research in Ayurveda, Jaipur, Prof. Terence J Ryan, Emeritus Professor of Dermatology, Green Templeton College, Oxford, UK, Prof. Peter Mortimer, Professor of Dermatological Medicine, St. George’s, University of London, launching the slogan ” Never Fear Filariasis or Lymphoedema: We care for you.” at IAD, Kasaragod.
Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha, Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, visited Institute of Applied dermatology on 16-1-2019 on the occasion of colloquium themed “Aetiological diagnosis and Morbidity management and Disability prevention of Lymphoedema”.He later spoke to The New Indian Express and said the integrative protocol developed by IAD for the treatment of Lymphoedema/Lymphatic Filariasis is a subject to be introduced to premier institutes like AIIMS.
Release and screening of film on integrated medicine protocol for lymphoedema.
Lymphoedema patient examination and discussion on the occasion of patient camp conducted during colloquium 2019.
Seen from Left to right in picture are:
- Prof M.S.Baghel, Formerly Director, Institute of Post Graduate Training& Research in Ayurveda, Jamnagar, Jaipur.
- Dr Peter Mortimer Professor of dermatological medicine, St Georges University of London
- Prof Terence Ryan, Emiretus professor of dermatology, Green Templeton College, Oxford, U.K
- Prof.Sahar Mansour, Professor & consultant clinical geneticist, St. George’s, University of London.
- Dr S.R.Narahari, Dermatologist, Director, IAD from Left to Right in the above picture seen are
- Dr Rie Roselyne Yotsu (National centre for global Health and medicine, Tokyo Japan)
IAD felicitated in Bengaluru
Institute of Applied Dermatology (IAD) honoured in Bengaluru by Smt. M. K. Jayamma & Sri B. S. R. Sastry Trust, in the presence of Justice Dr. M. N. Venkatachalaih, Honorable Chief Justice of India (Retd.), Sri. N. Parthasarathi, IFS (Retd.), Formerly Consular General of India to USA & Ambassador to Republic of South Korea, Dr. Gururaj Karajagi, Chairman, Academy for Creative Teaching, Bengaluru and Mr B R Nagaraja Sastry, Managing Trustee
Dr. S R Narahari and Mrs. Dr. Prasanna received the prestigious felicitation. This recognition comes to IAD for its achievements in the field of Lymphatic Filariasis and Integrated medicine.
Syllabus for Dermatology Nursing in India
Syllabus for Dermatology Nursing in India Read More>>