List of publications from IAD:
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Thernoe L, Bose KS, Ryan TJ. Response to comment on the article, Yoga protocol for treatment of breast cancer‑related lymphedema. Int J Yoga 2017; 10: 52-54.
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Thernoe L, Bose KS, Ryan TJ. Yoga protocol for treatment of breast cancer-related lymphedema. Int J Yoga 2016;9:145-55.
- Narahari SR. Skin Care for All: a low cost self-care public health program as post-2015 community dermatology development agenda. Community Dermatology Journal 2015; 12: 20-22
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Swamy GK, Ryan TJ. Scarification: A commentary from the Institute of Applied Dermatology, Kerala, India, Community Dermatology Journal 2015; 11: 1-12
- Aggithaya MG, Narahari SR, Ryan TJ. Yoga for correction of lymphedemas impairment of gait as an adjunct to lymphatic drainage: A pilot observational study.Int J Yoga 2015;8:54-61.
- Aggithaya M G, Narahari SR., Vijaya S, Sushma K V, Anil Kumar N P, Prajeesh P. Navarakizhi and PindaSweda as Muscle-Nourishing Ayurveda Procedures in Hemiplegia: Double-Blind Randomized Comparative Pilot Clinical Trial. . J Alter Compl Med. 2014, 20: 57-64. doi:10.1089/acm.2012.0919.
- Thomas C, Narahari SR, Bose KS, Vivekananda K, Nwe S, West DP, Kwasny M, Kundu RV. Comparison of Three Quality of Life Instruments in Lymphatic Filariasis: DLQI, WHODAS 2.0, and LFSQQ PLoSNegl Trop Dis 2014; 8: e2716. doi:10.1371/journal.pntd.0002716
- Narahari SR, Ryan TJ, Aggithaya MG, Bose KS, Swamy GK. Community dermatology in practice: Control of morbidity in lymphatic filariasis patients in Indian villages. CME (Africa) 2013
- Narahari SR, Ryan TJ, Aggithaya MG. How Does Yoga Work in Lymphedema? J Yoga PhysTher 2013; 3:135. doi: 10.4172/2157-7595.1000135
- Narahari SR; Bose KS; Aggithaya MG; Swamy GK; Ryan TJ; Unnikrishnan B; Washington RG; Rao BPS; Rajagopala S; Manjula K; Vandana U; Sreemol TA; Rojith M; Salimani SY; Shefuvan M. Community level morbidity control of lymphoedema using self care and integrative treatment in two Lymphatic Filariasis endemic districts of South India A non randomized interventional study. Trans R. Soc Trop MedHyg.2013; doi: 10.1093/trstmh/trt054.
- Aggithaya MG, Narahari SR, Sudha V, Shefuvan M, Neethu KJ, Sushma KV. Self care integrative treatment demonstrated in rural community setting improves health related quality of life of lymphatic filariasis patients in endemic villages. Act Trop 2013; 126: 198-204
- Narahari SR, Vivekananda K Ryan TJ., Bruntus P. Compression therapy in Indian villages.Compression Therapy: A position document on compression bandaging. Consensus on best practice for the management of lymphoedema 2nd edition. International lymphoedema framework; 2012; 62-74
- Ryan TJ and Narahari SR. Reporting an Alliance Using an Integrative Approach to the Management of Lymphedema in India. Int J lower extremity wounds 2012; 11: 5-9
- Narahari, S. R., Ryan, T. J., Bose, K. S., Prasanna, K. S. and Aggithaya, G. M., Integrating modern dermatology and Ayurveda in the treatment of vitiligo and lymphedema in India. Int J Dermatol 2011;50: 310334
- Narahari SR. Treating lymphodema patients in Indian villages. J Lymphodema, 2011;6:87-90
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Suraj KR. Conducting Literature Searches on Ayurveda in PubMed, Indian and other databases. J Alter Compl Med, 2010; 16:1225-37.
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Suraj KR. A protocol for systematic reviews of Ayurveda treatments. Int. J Ayurveda Research 2010; 1: 192- 205.
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Prasanna KS, Bose KS. An Integrative Treatment for Lower Limb Lymphoedema (Elephantiasis)(photoessay). J Alter Compl Med 2010; 16:145-9.
- Narayana PP, Mitra PP, Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG. Prevalence of asthma in school children in rural India. Ann Thoracic Med, 2010;5:118-19
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Suraj KR. Sharing biomedical journals in Current Science, 2009; 96(1):8.
- Muralidharan K., Narahari SR., Analysis of follow up studies on integrated management of lower limb Lymphoedema. The SPSS Analyst, SPSS South Asia; 2008: 50-5
- Bose KS, Narahari SR, Aggithaya GM, Vivekananda K, Neethu KJ, Prasanna KS. Ayurveda, yoga and self-care in patient-led support groups. The third national seminar on evidence-based and integrated medicine for lymphatic filariasis, other chronic dermatoses and HIV/AIDS. Journal of Lymphoedema 2008; 3(2) supplement.
- Narahari S.R, Ryan TJ, Aggithaya GM, Bose KS, Prasanna KS. Evidence based approaches for Ayurvedic traditional herbal formulations: Toward an Ayurvedic CONSORT model. J Alter Compl Med, 2008;14: 769- 776.
- Narahari SR. Integrative management of disease in India could extend to wound care but needs more financial support (comment). Wounds UK 2008;4: 94-95.
- Narahari SR. Integrated management of secondary lymphodema in India, European Wound Management Association J, 2007 (supl):67.
- Narahari SR, Ryan TJ, Mahadevan PE, Bose KS, Prasanna KS. Integrated management of filarial lymphodema for rural communities. Lymphology 2007;40: 3-13.
- Narahari SR. and Ryan TJ. Silver bullets, shotguns, and integrative community-based approach to lymphodema from lymphatic filariasis in India (letters to the editor). Lymphology 2007:40:87-94.
- Narahari SR, Bose KS, Prasanna KS. Self help& low cost, integrated treatment of Lymphatic Filariasis for rural communities (Meeting report). CurrSci 2007; 92:1665-67.
- Narahari SR. Lymphodema management in India. J lymphodema 2007;2: 10-2.
- Narahari SR. Can we prevent development of lymphodema? (Debate). J lymphodema 2007;2: 6-8.
- Narahari S R. Role of Indian system of medicine in the management of filarial lymphoedema, Lymphology 2004; 37 (suppl): 673-77.
- Narahari S R. More than one system of medicine, J European academy of dermatology and venereology, 2004; suppl 2:17.5
- Narahari S R. A methodology for applied medical research, the national medical journal of India (letter), 1999;12: 88
- Narahari S Rand Prasanna KS. A methodology for clinical evaluation of existing practice, using traditional herbal medicinal formulations. CurrSci, 1999; 76:467 68.
- Narahari S R. Unknown presentations of pure neuritic leprosy. Indian journal of Leprosy.1997, 67:401-406.
- Srinivas CR, Pasricha JS, Narahari SR, Kheklar S. LE like erythema and periungual telangiectasia among coffee plantation workers. Contact Dermatitis 1990; 22; 296 297.
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Christine Moffatt C; Ryan TJ, Keeley V, BasavarajVijaya B, RajendranPilankatta R, Sheela B Karalam SB, Rajagopala S, Kumar NK, Kuthaje S Bose KS, Sushma KV. Future research priorities for morbidity control of Lower leg Lymphoedema in India: Ind J Dermatol 2017; 62: 33-40.
- Narahari SR, Manjula K, Bose KS, Aggithaya MG, Swamy GK, Ryan TJ. Harmful traditional healing practices in the treatment of lymphatic filariasis. Indian J DermatolVenereolLeprol 2016;82:565-7.
- Narahari SR, Ryan TJ and Aggithaya MG. Expanding the scientific horizon of integrative medicine. CurrSci 2016:111(2):280-282.
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG. Morrow SE and Ryan TJ. Developing an integrative medicine patient care protocol from the existing practice of Ayurveda dermatology. CurrSci2016:111(2):302-317.
- Narahari SR and Aggithaya MG. Integrative medicine atlas of skin diseases. CurrSci2016:111(2):318-324.
- Narahari SR, Ryan TJ and Aggithaya MG. Preface (to special section on Integrative Medicine). CurrSci 2016:111(2):278-279.
- Narahari SR, Prasanna KS, Aggithaya MG, Bose, KS, Praseeda TR. Dermatology life quality index does not reflect quality of life status of Indian vitiligo patients. Indian J Dermatol 2016;61:99-100.
- Narahari SR, Prasanna KS, Aggithaya MG, Bose KS, Praseeda TR. Authors Reply. Indian J Dermatol 2016; 61:335-6.
- Aggithaya MG, Narahari SR. Literature searches on Ayurveda: An update. Ayu 2015; 36:238-53.
- Vijaya B, Narahari SR, Deka P, Manjunath GV. Pretibial dystrophic epidermolysisbullosapruriginosa: A rare case report in a child with low intelligent quotient. Indian J PaediatrDermatol 2016;17:32-4.
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Thamban C, Muralidharan K, Kanjarpane AB. How knowledgeable are investigators studying therapies of traditional medicines? Ayu 2014;35:243-51.
- Mithra PP, Pradeepa NP, Bose KS, Prasanna KS, Aggithaya G, Narahari SR. Awareness about Community Diagnosis among Health Care Professionals in South India: A Cross-Sectional Study, Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development 2014; 5: 99-103
- Narahari SR. Collaboration culture in Medicine (Guest Editorial). Indian J Dermatol 2013;58:124-6.
- Narahari SR, Prasanna KS, Sushma KV. Evidence based integrative dermatology. Indian J Dermatol 2013;58:127- 31.
- Narahari SR and Aniruddha K. Public health systems research: evidence-based integrative medicine provides leadership in chronic care. CurrSci 2013: 104: 695-696
- Hydroxylase deficiency presenting with acne, Indian J DermatolVenereolLeprol 1996; 62:58.
- Prevalence of STD in rural areas of Kasaragod Kerala Medical Journal 1996; 37:27.
- Pigmentary stage of incontinentiapigmenti. Is it a distinct entity? Indian J DermatolVenereolLeprol 1996; 62:408.
- Acute glomerulonephritis induced by griseofulvinIndian J DermatolVenereolLeprol1996; 62:335.
- Terfenadine precipitating exfoliativedematitis in Psoriasis. Indian J DermatolVenereolLeprol 1996; 62:408-12.
- A Comparative efficacy of triamcinolone acetonide and anthralin in the treatment of Alopecia AreataIndian J DermatolVenereolLeprol1996; 62:348-50.
- Current status of venereal diseases in Kasaragod Kerala Indian journal of community health 1997; 3:32-34.
- Narahari SR, Prasanna KS.Role of local NGOs in slowing the spread of HIV in Kasaragod (1991-96). Indian J DermatolVenereolLeprol 1999; 65:212-213.
- A Study on symptom profile and response to various skin prick allergen tests in patients of nasobronhcial allergy in north Malabar in Kerala. Lung India Vol 26 October 2009 Supplement A 60
- Analysis of patients on Long term home oxygen therapy. A Field study in South India. Lung India 2009 Vol 26 October 2009 Supplement A 59
Chapters in books:
- Edited a special section on Integrative Medicine in Current Science Vol 111, No. 2 July 25th issue 2016 (page 278-355), a publication of Indian National Science Association published from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Narahari SR and Prasanna KS. Lymphatic Disorders, in Atlas of Dermatology by Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists 2016
- Ryan, T, Narahari, SR, Vijaya, B and GuruprasadAggithaya Dermatologic implications of secondary lymphoedema of the lower leg In Lymphoedema Complete Medical and Surgical MangementEdsNeligan, P, Masia, J and Piller, N CRC Press, USA. 2015 Chapter 14 pages 195-213
- Narahari SR, Daulatabad D, Prasanna KS. Parasitic and Protozoal Diseases; Human Helminthic Infections (Nematodes, Cestodes, and Trematodes). In A Comprehensive Approach to Dermatologic Infectious Diseases. Eds. Singhal A, Grover C, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers India. 2015: 311-352.
- Member of technical review committee of Perspectives of Indian Medicinal Plants in the management of Lymphatic Filariasis. Shenoy RK (edi) 2012. Indian Council for Medical Research, New Delhi ISBN: 978-81-910091-1-8
- Narahari SR. Guest Editorial, Integrative Medicine is one small step for Allopathy and one giant leap for Ayurveda. Annals of Ayurvedic Medicine
- Ryan TJ, Narahari SR, Bose KS, Aggithaya MG. Setting up an Integrative Medicine Clinic for Self Care of Lymphoedema in Indian villages Editor: David Keast, publishing in China for WHO (chapter in a book)
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG and Ryan TJ. Yoga as a therapy for Lymphoedema. In Editors: Shirley and Singh; Research-Based Perspectives on the Psychophysiology of Yoga. IGI Global, USA (chapter in a book)
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Prasanna KS and Bose KS. Alternative and integrated therapies for Vitiligo in Management of Vitiligo, edited by Somesh Gupta, DavinderParsad, Mats J. Olsson, Henry W. Lim, Amit Pandya, Nanja van Geel; publisher Weily and Weily (chapter in a book)
- Abstracts of 9th international congress of dermatology, 2004, Beijing, China
- Clinical methodology for validation of medicinal properties of rice, Proceedings of the national seminar on Science society interface, medicinal properties of rice, Kerala agricultural university, M S Swaminathan Foundation, Medicinal plants board of India, International fund for agricultural development, Pattambi August 2004
- A methodology for randomized clinical trials in procedure based therapies of traditional medicine, compendium of invited lectures of the World ayurveda congress, 2002 Ministry of Health, Govt of India, New Delhi pp 97-104
Papers in CME publications
- Narahari SR and Prasanna KS. Lymphatic Filariasis, Health Action, Lepra India