Following is the list of publications on Lymphoedema from Institute of Applied Dermatology & Centre for Integrative Medicine and Public Health, Government of Kerala located in Kasaragod, Kerala www.iad.org.in
List of publications relevant to lymphoedema morbidity management (in chronological order)
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Thernoe L, Bose KS, Ryan TJ. Yoga protocol for treatment of breast cancer-related lymphedema. Int J Yoga 2016;9:145-55.
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Thernoe L, Bose KS, Ryan TJ. Response to comment on the article, Yoga protocol for treatment of breast cancer-related lymphedema. Int J Yoga 2017;10:52-4.
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Thernoe L, Bose KS, Ryan TJ. Response to comment on the article, Yoga protocol for treatment of breast cancer-related lymphedema. Int J Yoga 2017; 10:52-4.
- Narahari SR. Skin Care for All: a low cost self care public health program as post-2015 community dermatology development agenda. Community Dermatology Journal 2015; 12: 20-22
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Swamy GK, Ryan TJ. Scarification: A commentary from the Institute of Applied Dermatology, Kerala, India, Community Dermatology Journal 2015; 11: 1-12
- Aggithaya MG, Narahari SR, Ryan TJ. Yoga for correction of lymphedema’s impairment of gait as an adjunct to lymphatic drainage: A pilot observational study. Int J Yoga 2015;8:54-61.
- Thomas C, Narahari SR, Bose KS, Vivekananda K, Nwe S, West DP, Kwasny M, Kundu RV. Comparison of Three Quality of Life Instruments in Lymphatic Filariasis: DLQI, WHODAS 2.0, and LFSQQ PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2014; 8: e2716. doi:10.1371/journal.pntd.0002716
- Narahari SR, Ryan TJ, Aggithaya MG, Bose KS, Swamy GK. Community dermatology in practice: Control of morbidity in lymphatic filariasis patients in Indian villages. CME (Africa) 2013
- Narahari SR, Ryan TJ, Aggithaya MG. How Does Yoga Work in Lymphedema? J Yoga Phys Ther 2013; 3:135. doi: 10.4172/2157-7595.1000135
- Narahari SR; Bose KS; Aggithaya MG; Swamy GK; Ryan TJ; Unnikrishnan B; Washington RG; Rao BPS; Rajagopala S; Manjula K; Vandana U; Sreemol TA; Rojith M; Salimani SY; Shefuvan M. Community level morbidity control of lymphoedema using self care and integrative treatment in two Lymphatic Filariasis endemic districts of South India A non randomized interventional study. Transactions of Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2013; doi: 10.1093/trstmh/trt054.
- Aggithaya MG, Narahari SR, Sudha V, Shefuvan M, Neethu KJ, Sushma KV. Self care integrative treatment demonstrated in rural community setting improves health related quality of life of lymphatic filariasis patients in endemic villages. Acta Tropica 2013; 126: 198-204
- Narahari SR, Vivekananda K Ryan TJ and Bruntus P. Compression therapy in Indian villages.Compression Therapy: A position document on compression bandaging. Consensus on best practice for the management of lymphoedema – 2nd edition. International lymphoedema framework; 2012; 62-74
- Ryan TJ and Narahari SR. Reporting an Alliance Using an Integrative Approach to the Management of Lymphedema in India. Int J lower extremity wounds 2012; 11: 5-9
- Narahari, S. R., Ryan, T. J., Bose, K. S., Prasanna, K. S. and Aggithaya, G. M., Integrating modern dermatology and Ayurveda in the treatment of vitiligo and lymphedema in India. International Journal of Dermatology, 2011;50: 310334
- Narahari S. Treating lymphodema patients in Indian villages. J Lymphodema, 2011;6:87-90
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Suraj KR. Conducting Literature Searches on Ayurveda in PubMed, Indian and other databases. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2010; 16:1225-37.
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya GM, Prasanna KS, Bose KS An Integrative Treatment for Lower Limb Lymphoedema (Elephantiasis)(photoessay). J Alter Compl Med 2010; 16:145-9.
- Muralidharan K., Narahari SR., Analysis of follow up studies on integrated management of lower limb Lymphoedema. The SPSS Analyst, SPSS South Asia; 2008: 50-5
- Bose KS, Narahari SR, Aggithaya GM, Vivekananda K, Neethu KJ, Prasanna KS. Ayurveda, yoga and self-care in patient-led support groups. The third national seminar on evidence-based and integrated medicine for lymphatic filariasis, other chronic dermatoses and HIV/AIDS. Journal of Lymphoedema 2008; 3(2) supplement.
- Narahari S.R, Ryan TJ, Aggithaya GM, Bose KS, Prasanna KS. Evidence based approaches for Ayurvedic traditional herbal formulations: Toward an Ayurvedic CONSORT model. Journal of Alternative and complementary medicine 2008;14: 769776.
- Narahari SR. Integrative management of disease in India could extend to wound care but needs more financial support (comment). Wounds UK 2008;4: 94-95.
- Narahari SR. Integrated management of secondary lymphodema in India, European Wound Management Association J, 2007 (supl):67.
- Narahari SR, Ryan TJ, Mahadevan PE, Bose KS, Prasanna KS. Integrated management of filarial lymphodema for rural communities. Lymphology 2007;40: 3-13.
- Narahari SR. and Ryan TJ. Silver bullets, shotguns, and integrative community-based approach to lymphodema from lymphatic filariasis in India (letters to the editor). Lymphology 2007:40:87-94.
- Narahari SR, Bose KS, Prasanna KS. Self help & low cost, integrated treatment of Lymphatic Filariasis for rural communities (Meeting report). Current Science 2007; 92:1665-67.
- Narahari SR. Lymphodema management in India. J lymphodema 2007;2: 10-2.
- Narahari SR. Can we prevent development of lymphodema? (Debate). Journal of lymphodema 2007;2: 6-8.
- Narahari S R. Role of Indian system of medicine in the management of filarial lymphoedema, Lymphology 2004; 37
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG, Moffatt C, Ryan TJ, Keeley V, Vijaya B, et al. Future research priorities for morbidity control of lymphedema. Indian J Dermatol 2017;62:33-40.
- Narahari SR, Manjula K, Bose KS, Aggithaya MG, Swamy GK, Ryan TJ. Harmful traditional healing practices in the treatment of lymphatic filariasis. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2016;82:565-7.
- Narahari SR, Ryan TJ and Aggithaya MG. Expanding the scientific horizon of integrative medicine. Current Science 2016:111(2):280-282.
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG. Morrow SE and Ryan TJ. Developing an integrative medicine patient care protocol from the existing practice of Ayurveda dermatology. Current Science 2016:111(2):302-317.
- Narahari SR and Aggithaya MG. Integrative medicine atlas of skin diseases. Current Science 2016:111(2):318-324.
- Narahari SR, Ryan TJ and Aggithaya MG. Preface (to special section on Integrative Medicine). Current Science 2016:111(2):278-279.
- Aggithaya MG, Narahari SR. Literature searches on Ayurveda: An update. Ayu 2015; 36:238-53.
- Narahari SR. Collaboration culture in Medicine (Guest Editorial). Indian J Dermatol 2013;58:124-6.
- Narahari SR and Aniruddha K. Public health systems research: evidence-based integrative medicine provides leadership in chronic care. Current Science 2013: 104: 695-696
Chapters in books
- Edited a special section on Integrative Medicine in Current Science Vol 111, No. 2 July 25th issue 2016 (page 278-355), a publication of Indian National Science Association published from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Narahari SR and Prasanna KS. Lymphatic Disorders, in Atlas of Dermatology by Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists 2016
- Ryan, T, Narahari, SR, Vijaya, B and Guruprasad Aggithaya Dermatologic implications of secondary lymphoedema of the lower leg In Lymphoedema Complete Medical and Surgical Mangement Eds Neligan, P, Masia, J and Piller, N CRC Press, USA. 2015 Chapter 14 pages 195-213
- Narahari SR, Daulatabad D, Prasanna KS. Parasitic and Protozoal Diseases; Human Helminthic Infections (Nematodes, Cestodes, and Trematodes). In A Comprehensive Approach to Dermatologic Infectious Diseases. Eds. Singhal A, Grover C, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers India. 2015: 311-352.
- Member of technical review committee of Perspectives of Indian Medicinal Plants in the management of Lymphatic Filariasis. Shenoy RK (edi) 2012. Indian Council for Medical Research, New Delhi ISBN: 978-81-910091-1-8
- Ryan TJ, Narahari SR, Bose KS, Aggithaya MG. Setting up an Integrative Medicine Clinic for Self Care of Lymphoedema in Indian villages Editor: David Keast, publishing in China for WHO (chapter in a book)
- Narahari SR, Aggithaya MG and Ryan TJ. Yoga as a therapy for Lymphoedema. In Editors: Shirley and Singh; Research-Based Perspectives on the Psychophysiology of Yoga. IGI Global, USA (chapter in a book)
- Narahari SR. Guest Editorial, Integrative Medicine is one small step for Allopathy and one giant leap for Ayurveda. Annals of Ayurvedic Medicine
Papers in CME publications
- Narahari SR and Prasanna KS. Lymphatic Filariasis, Health Action, Lepra India