Development of Protocols for Evidence Based Ayurveda Pertaining to Dermatology and sexually Transmitted Diseases
Funded by NSTMIS division of Department of Science and Technology Govt. of India
- To subject the literature on evidence based traditional medicine pertaining to dermatology and sexually transmitted diseases (HIV in particular) published from India to meta analysis.
- To e-publish (in public domain) the distinct protocols to conduct evidence based clinical research on traditional medicines pertaining to dermatology and sexually transmitted diseases.
- To identify the knowledge gap among investigators conducting research in traditional medicine.
- To develop a course material and conduct training programmes on research methodologies for evidence based traditional medicine.
Major achievements of the project
- Created a search engine for Ayurveda research publications
- Developed a protocol for systematic review in Ayurveda treatments
- e-publication: A bibliographic data base having the framework for future expansion of the data base www.systematicreviewsinayurveda.org
- Assessed the knowledge level of Ayurveda investigators
- Outline training programme to involve volunteers for more systematic reviews.
- Publications from the project
- Evidence based approach for Ayurvedic traditional herbal formulations Toward in Ayurvedic CONSORT model. Journal of Alternative and complementary medicine 2008; 14 769-776
- Sharing biomedical journals in India.Current science, 2009;96:8
- Conducting literature Searches on Ayurveda in PubMed, Indian and other databases. Journal of Alternative and complementary medicine
- A protocol of systematic Reviews of Ayurveda treatments
- Three other manuscripts are in preparation.